Bust

Got the call from the embryologist today. The two “intermediate” eggs didn’t mature, so they only ICSI-ed the one. And they “can’t confirm that it fertilized”. They’ll know for sure on Monday, but at this point it looks like IVF#1 is a bust.

Ugh.

Bring on the margaritas…

1. Knalani – I’m so sorry to hear this news -it totally blows. Enjoy your margarita (or two) and make sure you and C take care of each other and regroup when you’re ready. It’s the shittiest process of trial and error, but lessons can be learned from a disappointing cycle and your ovaries won’t respond the same way each time. Hugs to you!

2. While I love a good margarita party, you’re not invited!! It only takes one. So we’re waiting for the final word. Come on, ICSI embie!!!

3. Rooting for the egg to fertilize!

4. I’m also keeping positive about this one egg. So many times I read about IF situations turning around. I hope it turns around for you too. Big hug.

5. Oh no! I’m so sorry. I’m going to hold out some hope for the one remaining little soldier egg. It only takes one, it only takes one….

Hang in there… thinking of you!

6. Really sorry to hear this, I know how much you put into this cycle. It sucks that IVF is part diagnostic, and you never know how something will work out until you try it. I really hope your egg is fertilized and keeps growing.

7. The only thing worse than having to pay someone to reproduce is having to pay them for nothing (i.e. no results). Bleaaaaaaah.

8. I’m sorry Sweetie. Big hug and lots of love.

9. Still hoping that there’s a ray of sunshine for you in Monday’s news. But I am sorry for the disappointments so far. That sucks.

10. Oh no, I’m so sorry. i agree with Jenny– it sucks when it doesn’t work, and sucks even more when you had to pay for it & it doesn’t work. But, I’m holding onto hope for you that egg #3 fertilized & you’ll get good news tomorrow!

11. newtoivf

/  June 23, 2013

Really sorry to hear this, keeping fingers crossed for the little guy x

12. Stopping by from ICLW and just wanted to let you know that I am so sorry about this cycle. Sending many thoughts for the one embryo and praying that that little one survives!

13. Sorry to hear about this. Still crossing fingers for the last one. Big big hug!!

14. so sorry, friend. this is not good. but ya know what? try to maintain hope until you find out what happens with the one. people opt for mini ivf all the time and have very few eggs. and some of those people still get pregnant. one may be all you need. thinking of you lots. xo

15. Been thinking about you – hope the margarita’s been tasty and that you get some good news tomorrow. I had a friend get pregnant from one little embryo that they knicknamed “Scrappy” so you just never know.

16. Uuuggghhhhh… this really blows. I’m holding out hope for good news on Monday, but I can understand wanting to get a head start on those margaritas now. At the very least, perhaps you can ultimately get some more concrete answers/guidance on where to go from here, now that you’ve got one cycle under your belt. Hang in there…

17. Thanks everyone for the support, and for holding out hope for little Lefty… I’ll let you know the news when I have it!

18. K

/  June 24, 2013

I’ll fly my hope flag for your one egg – I’m so sorry this isn’t the news you were hoping for. ❤

19. Sending hugs to that last little egg, hang in there little one!

20. There’s still hope! One is all you need. Fingers are crossed for you. ❤

21. dogsarentkids

/  June 24, 2013

That sucks ass.

22. Oh I am so sorry to hear this news! Its not over until its over though!

23. I am so very sorry to read this update. Hugs. I am keeping everything crossed for lefty.