Back in the stirrups

Nearly six months after losing Jane, life has returned to some version of normal. I started back at work teaching on Tuesday, and on Wednesday we were finally able to accomplish our first natural cycle IUI since the loss.

So here I am in another two-week wait. It’s a strangely comfortable place to be.

headstone

Jane’s headstone at Christmas

1. Hoping for a fast and smooth journey for you. And what a lovely memorial for Jane. I’m curious about the significance of the narwhal!

• Thank you!

The narwhal thing happened kind of by accident. When I was pregnant, our pediatrician suggested getting gifts for C. Samuel “from the baby” so he would warm up to her faster. I bought a stuffed narwhal toy, which I ended up giving him after we lost Jane, but still told him it was from her. After that, we just associated her with a narwhal. We liked it better than the cutesy symbols that the cemetery offered.

2. I am stopping by to say I am thinking of you all. Small comfort, I know, but I am.

3. nkuttyil

/  January 14, 2017

I was just thinking about you today. I hope you’ll have some good news soon💙

4. I was just thinking about you. Hope all goes well with this TWW.

5. Lots of luck to you! I love Jane’s headstone so much, it’s perfect. She was beautiful. ❤

6. Etalanta

/  January 27, 2017

Wishing you the very best during the 2ww.