After I posted our news on Friday, I got notified by WordPress that it was the four-year anniversary of my blog. That makes it five years – give or take – from when C and I first started trying to conceive!
That went by fast – sort of.
I feel a little bit sorry for that little newlywed me, who actually argued with my dashing new husband about when to start trying…so we could. Time. My. Maternity. Leave.
Mr. Obama finds my naive ideas about family planning hilarious!
But early pregnancy loss, life-threatening motor vehicle injury, crushing infertility diagnosis, and stillbirth notwithstanding, I still can’t help but focus on the positive.
- I married a wonderful man who doesn’t have a self-pitying bone in his body.
- We have a gorgeous son.
- We have amazing friends and family who have supported us through everything.
- Contrary to the predictions of three different REs, I have managed to get pregnant four times.
So while things have not quite gone according to plan, I’m proud of where we’ve come in the last five years, and hopeful for what the next five will bring!
For those of you who are counting, my beta came back today at 370 mIU/mL. That corresponds to a doubling time of about 33 hours.
Looks really good!
I take another test on Wednesday.
Lastly, for your viewing pleasure, here are some sweet pics of C. Samuel from our ski trip to Park City over my Spring Break:
Look who has nicer ski gear than me!
Enjoying the view from the lift.
C. Samuel wanted to hold our hands while skiing. ❤
Relaxing in the hot tub after a long day!
Posted by knalani on March 21, 2017
I have a confession to make. I’ve been procrastinating from writing a sequel to my post on Supplements. I’m long overdue on an entry about antioxidants (a category that includes most of the pills I’m taking). I’ve been working on it off and on for a few weeks, but just can’t seem to find the motivation to finish it!
In place of that post (for now), here are a few odds and ends:
1) I forgot to mention that Dr. Y gave me copies of all my medical records at my appointment on Monday. I had asked for these to send to CCRM in advance of my upcoming phone consultation. Of course, I couldn’t resist the temptation to read the records in detail. Most of it seemed run-of-the mill but I noticed two things that caught me off guard. The first was that I was listed as having a diagnosis of “secondary infertility”. I thought this term referred to people who already had one or more kids. Does one early miscarriage really mean I don’t qualify as “primary infertility”? The other surprise was that the embryology report listed me as having “Advanced Maternal Age”. I’m 34. I thought I had at least a few more months before graduating to the “Advanced Maternal Age” club. I did a Google search and learned that apparently the definition applies to women who are 35 or older at the time of childbirth. So apparently I do belong…assuming I ever get pregnant. I feel old! (No offense…)
2) AF arrived today, making this a whopping 18-day cycle. (Has anybody else had such a short cycle after egg retrieval?) Anyway, that leads me to believe that my fertility monitor was actually working properly, and I didn’t ovulate this month. We’ll try natural IUI again next month…
3) I planned poorly and just realized that I am going to be a bad ICLW-er this week. Tomorrow we’re leaving for a camping trip to Pinecrest in northern California. I just learned that they don’t have WiFi or reliable cell service, so I’m probably not going to be able to blog or comment until I get back next Wednesday. I’ve been trying to ‘bank’ lots of extra comments in the first half of the week, but I still feel like a schmuck for reneging on my commitment… Sorry!
Have a great week everybody!
Posted by knalani on July 26, 2013